Friday, June 19, 2009

Homeward Bound from Dubai




Hello Everyone,




I am so excited to finally be heading home. I have spent the past two days with Christa, Guy, Laura, and Laura's two cousins in Dubai. It is an amazing city. It sits all by itself but has a huge number of sky scrapers and other buildings of all shapes and sizes. We started our tour of the city by buying a tour bus ticket. We rode the double decker bus around Dubai and stopped at all the popular sites. It is very hot here but luckily the bus was air conditioned so we did not die of heat. Part of the bus tour included a boat ride on the Dubai creek where a traditional boat showed us various sites up and down the riverfront. After the river tour we took a taxi to the Mall of the Emeriates. This is a HUGE mall! We wondered for a bit but the real reason for the visit was for Guy and I to try Ski Dubai. It is an indoor ski resort with one chair lift and two different runs. By the fact that Guy and I have seen snow before we were in the upper level of experience. The fact that we had skied before made us experts. We bought a two hour pass and instantly went from a desert to a 28 degree ski slope. It was very fun to see some of the locals in ski gear and full arabic robes and headgear.



The next day we visited the Atlantis waterpark. We rode water slides and enjoyed a day of relaxation in the sun. Once again, it was also very interesting to see a range of arabic swimsuits from a bikini to full robes. I think it would be very hot under those black robs in the summer.



I am currently sitting in the Atlanta airport and so excited to have Natalie and Abby picking me up in a few hours. I love you all and look forward to seeing you soon.



Love,


Ben

No comments: