Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ben's First Two Days


Hello Everyone,


I am missing you all ready and we still have a few days to go yet. My flight went well but it is a loooong trip. Our flight was delayed out of Atlanta by about 2 hours so it extended the total time from our house to the hotel in Cape Town to a total of 29 hours. I did not ge the upgrade on the flight and ended up sitting next to a guy who was kind of crazy. He told me about his plan for a space portal system to replace airplanes and how the government should own all building so that they can expand the roads anytime they want without having to pay anything. All I can say is that thanks to Matt's noise canceling headphones and an ambien I was able to get some sleep and survived the trip. It is rainy and cold here in Cape Town (50 degrees and wet) and I have not seen much of the city since it was dark when I arrived. The hotel (the Protea Fire & Ice) is a bit strange (think surfers meet hip hop) but the food was hot and the bed is comfortable. Since Cape Town is known for its Great White encounters, the hotel elevator is made up to look like a divers cage. Tomorrow I am flying to Walvis Bay, Namibia so I will get you some more information when I arrive. I love you and hope you are all doing well.

Love,

Dad

No comments: