

Hello Everyone,Today has been another day in paradise....
We started by driving about one hour east to the Rossing Uranium mine. The pit is very deep (about 2,100 feet) and a bit longer than a mile. The equipment they use is massive and the terrain was rocky and barren. We have five rigs on the site and the visits took most of the day.
Late in the afternoon we decided that we were going to take a few hours for a "team building" exercise riding four-wheelers through the sand dunes near the coast. We rode for two hours and ended up finishing the ride along the ocean. Unfortunately the fog came in and the last half of the ride was cold and visibility was low. We ended the ride with no injuries and enjoyed a good dinner afterwards. The break from the rig visits was fun and it gave me a chance to get to know our safety team a bit better. We are starting early tomorrow so my post is not too long tonight.
I love you all and hope you are having a great time. Boys, keep playing hard in your baseball games and take care of Mom. Abby and Aubrey, keep giving Mom lots of kisses and hugs for me. Nat, I hope all is going well. I hope the love and support of family and friends is helping you out and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Have a great night and I will write more tomorrow. For some reason I cannot get the photos to upload so I will send them in tomorrow nights message.
Love,
Ben
No comments:
Post a Comment