Ok, so we made it one week, we survived and all is well.
We have lots of generosity and kindness given to us today. We had a neighbor call today to offer her house and her daughters to come and babysit for me so I can get a break - apparently my dear husband talked to her and told her that poor little Natalie was going to be home alone for three weeks and could use some good babysitters! So sweet!
We also had a neighbor and his little brother come and mow our lawn today, looks like Ben took care of everything for us! Great to have the long grass short again, and I am sure it will grow back fast with all the rain we are getting.
Granddad came and took Hayden and Ethan to Hayden's baseball game, so I could stay home with the girls, so I took Abby out for ice cream and made a "date" of it. Thanks Jim for the out - I really needed it.
So, I bought the kids some new toys, first to have something new and exciting to look forward to, but also keep the kids on their best behavior for at least a couple of days... So Hayden is been huge into these Bacugans...so I bought him a three pack. Hayden, Ethan and Abby's prizes are sitting on top of the fridge waiting for them to earn 15 "points". They get points for taking on extra jobs and doing things without being asked. The score so far.... Hayden - 9, Ethan 0, and Abby 3. Poor Ethan keeps back talking so he has toggled in the negative for a day or so - but he will learn. Sweet Hayden spent his afternoon free from homework doing chores without being asked. He weeded the garden, swept the kitchen, emptied the garbage's, folded laundry and even made my bed..... what a good kid, he must really want those Bacugans! Here is a picture of his attempt to make my bed! I sure love him!
No comments:
Post a Comment